Ready to take that boat out on the water? Every boat owner needs to make sure that they have all the proper equipment that they need for their boating experiences. Having the right expandable hose is one of them. What do you need to know in order to have a good expandable hose that works on your boat? We’re glad that you asked. In this article, you will learn all that you need to know about expandable hoses.
Expandable hoses are a type of garden hose. These hoses expand three times the normal average length of the hose when the water pressure is turned on. The flexibility of an expandible hose allows it to self drain without twisting up.
RELATED: Find Out How An Expandable Hose Can Make Your Life Easier!
How Does an Expandable Hose Work?
These hoses are the best. Get it for your garden, the yard, or buy one for your very own boat. Unlike any other hose, expandable hoses last up to a decade. It expands three times its original length when the water is turned on.
After its use, it shrinks back to its normal size. The flexibility of expendable hoses drains the water for proper storage. These hoses will never be tangled up ever again.
Key Features of Expandable Garden Hoses
- Expandable hoses expand 3 times its length when in use
- Returns to its original length with water is turned off
- Weighs less than the average garden hose
- Self drainage
- Never tangles up
- Easy to store anywhere, even in small places
Why Do you Need an Expandable Hose on a Boat?
Expandable hoses are great. Think about it. Boats are so small that it is hard to store supplies anywhere. Expandable hoses are easy to store. You need one for your boat so you can easily pay attention to when your boat needs a good clean. Trust us, the last thing you ever want is uncovering that boat for your guests and it’s covered in grime.
Benefits of Expandable Hoses
- Affordable: The expandable hose is easily affordable than any other hose. Traditional garden hoses are expensive. Expendable hoses are made from cheaper material. Find the right expandable hose that works for you.
- Lightweight: Traditional hoses weigh at least 50 pounds. As for the expandable hose it weighs up to 3 pounds. Why strain yourself carrying around a heavy hose?
- Saves up a lot of Space: One of the problems homeowners often have with hoses is trying to find space large enough to accommodate 50 to 100 feet of a hard rubber hose. For homeowners who don’t have a lot of space find this incredibly frustrating. Expandable hoses come with their very own carrying bag so make a space for it on the boat.
- Won’t tangle up: Have you ever had the problem where your regular garden hose tangles up while you’re trying to get work done? No need to go through this annoying dilemmas anymore. The expandable hose is resistant to any tangles. However, keep an eye on your hose because it could end up getting tangled up.
- Drains itself: The water removes itself from the expandable hose very quickly. Traditional hoses are very different. More often than not do you find yourself having to tap the reimagining water out of a traditional hose? Expandable hoses drain water automatically. Since the latex is forced to stay open, the pressure easily goes away, forcing the water out.
What To Look For in an Expandable Hose
- Check out the type of manufactured inner tube
- Are the connections brass or plastic? See if it connects with brass fitting before purchasing
- Take a look at the size of the hose
- Make sure that the warranty is available
- Examine the prices
The Right Hose to Use on a Boat
Before going out to the store you should research your options because you’re only going to be at the store longer than you expected.
- Hospaip 50ft: This is a lightweight hose manufactured from high-quality materials. It’s a sturdy 17-foot hose and easy to use. The Hospaip 50ft (Amazon Link) is a durable 8-pattern spray nozzle made from zinc alloy and a rubberized outer coating. Guaranteed to get rid of all the gunk on a boat. Just let it drain when you are finished and store it in the included storage bag.
- TruTek 50ft: For anyone looking for a durable expandable hose for a boat, look into the Trutek 50ft (Amazon Link). It is a great premium option. Features include a stainless steel hose holder to keep it from touching the ground, along with spray settings. Albeit, a bit expensive, it is built to last.
- Anteko 50ft: The Anteko 50’ Expandable Hose (Amazon Link) is a terrific, lightweight, easily storable expandable hose that won’t tangle up on your boat. Easily affordable and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty. Don’t worry, it is safe to use and comes with a high-quality nozzle to clean every inch of the boat.
- GrowGreen 50ft: Are you tired of that hose always tangling up when you need it most. Take a look at the GrowGreen 50ft expandable hose (Amazon Link). This hose is the best pick for your boat. It is materialized with durable materials. it’s a great option for any boat owner. Offered in the deal is an 8-pattern adjustable nozzle so you can just hook it up and go.
- GreenTec USA 100 FT: The is a 50-foot expandable hose (Amazon Link) that is sure to get the job done. It is lightweight and durable and comes with a 9-pattern sprayer along with a nylon storage pouch.
- VicTsing 50FT: Customers who purchase this expandable hose (Amazon Link) can use it for years on end. It is very flexible and never tangles up. Use this lightweight hose to give your boat a good shine. Lucky for you, it has a 12-month worry-free warranty. The deal also comes with its very own carrying bag to easily store.